Friday, March 30, 2012

Mega Millions...don't rain on my parade, Doc! Odds are someone has to win!












After a brief check up, and a clean bill of health, I was inclined to joke with my doctor about the Lottery this morning.

"Now, let me outta here! I have to go and buy a Lottery ticket for tonight's Mega Millions draw!"

Surprisingly - instead of egging me on - my physician was inclined to shake his head in disapproval before trying to rain on my parade.

"Do you know what the odds are of winning that jackpot?" he quizzed me further, to hammer home the point.

"I know! 176,000,000 to one," I cackled.

"It's easier to get hit by lightning," he shot back, with a smug look of satisfaction on his face.

"Twice," I underscored loudly, as I prepared to scurry out the door undaunted by his negativity.


"The people who play the Lotto have problems. You don't need that," he noted quickly on the uptake.

"Maybe, they didn't manage their winnings properly. But, I sure would like a shot at it," I beamed back, reluctant to be deterred by his pessimism.At that juncture, I was suddenly reminded of an old joke I heard many moons ago.

A man - who was out-of-work and suffering dire straits - prayed to God one day that he be blessed with a big win in the Lottery.

A sympathetic God heard his cry for help and responded in kind.

"Okay. But, will you do me a favor, first?"

"Sure. Anything," the excited believer replied, anxious to obey the almighty father in heaven.

"Can you at least buy a ticket?"

Uh-huh!

While a handful of skeptics may laugh at all the hoopla and hysteria over the frenzied Mega Millions Mania in recent days - the truth of the matter is - that someone is going to win the stash of cash (and win big).

The reality of it all?

You can't take a shot at it, if 'ya don't purchase a ticket!

Good luck to each and every one of you, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment