Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Facebook...quote of the day (reported by Julian Ayrs)!





I was channel-surfing last night when I stumbled on a cable bio on Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (?) and caught wind of a "users" quote of the day.

Uh-huh!

When Facebook fans were quizzed about the number of friends they've "nurtured" along on the highly-trafficked web site , one happy-go-lucky member was quick on the uptake and beamed from ear-to-ear.

"I have more friends on Facebook than I do in the real world," he quipped.

Which underscores what critics have been speculating all along.

Friendships struck up on a social hub  - sight unseen - hover somewhere between the heady realms of reality, the surreal, wistful thinking, even fantasy!

Personally, when it comes to revving up a relationship with a total stranger, I prefer to rely on the spontaneous chemistry that normally draws two people together naturally in the daily course of events.

Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment