Thursday, December 29, 2011

Starbucks...foreign object in oatmeal a nasty surprise!





Half-asleep, I sauntered into the local Starbucks outlet in the financial district in downtown San Francisco bright-and-early the other morning, as I geared up to face a busy day ahead in the bustling metropolis.

As usual, I snatched up the morning Chronicle, paid for an "order" of Oatmeal with all the toppings, then slipped down at a table with a window on-the-world and proceeded to chow down on my breakfast and peruse the daily news.

Suddenly, without warning, I felt a jolt of pain in my jaw as a foreign object of some sorts got lodged inside my gum shortly after I embarked on my first bite of food.

What was the cracking sound?

OMG!

Something was terribly amiss.

Shortly after I thrust my thumb and forefinger inside my cheek - and poked around for a second-or-two - I located the culprit alright (and quickly ejected it from the inner confines of my mouth).

Imagine that!

A twig (or was it a stubby little stick?) was staring back at me in the face.

At this juncture - my stomach went heave-ho (I felt sick, after all) - as the image of the fair Maiden in the Starbucks logo began to spin before my very eyes.

Hold on, Julian, I found myself muttering to myself as a handful of startled guests stared in my direction clueless.

Of course, the unexpected turn of events begged a question.

Was the nasty little intruder laying-in-wait in the container of oatmeal all along, or was it a stray offering that came part 'n parcel inside the topping's packaging?

Until I receive word back from the execs at Starbucks in Seattle (after all, they've got some 'splainin' to do) I highly recommend that the lovers of Quaker-oaks be breakie cautious in the future at Starbucks.

Stay posted for updates, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment