Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The "Stare"...Christie Brinkley a victim of it! Oprah Winfrey offers perspective!










I was casually channel-surfing the other day when I stumbled across an Oprah Winfrey segment that set the record straight in respect to a baffling situation that has been plaguing me in recent days.

Of course, I am referring to the unsettling "stare" phenomenon which I encounter daily as I zip around town to catch a flick, shop at the local mall, and what-have-you

As I have noted in prior posts, for some inexplicable reason, the public-at-large appears to hold this curious fascination with me.

For example, shortly after I step into line at the cash register to pay for my purchases, I suddenly feel all "eyes" on me

Then, the whispers start up.

"Do you know who that is?"

When I turn to check out who the celebrity is that is causing such a stir, I am usually taken aback, when the answer is revealed.

Uh-huh!

They're staring at me, folks!

But, what are they thinking, pray tell?

It remained a mystery until the obvious was finally revealed on the Oprah Winfrey Show recently.

With the help of a handful of former top models (some current) - such as Christie Brinkley - Big "O" managed to blow-the-lid off the "staring" thing.

Right off-the-bat, Oprah's bevy of bodacious beauties expressed the intense discomfort they felt, whenever they entered a room and all eyes turned in their direction.

"I feel like I am an alien," one stunning model confided to the panel.

"Sometimes, they just stare because they can't believe that you're in the same room with them," another astutely noted.

But, Oprah said it best.

"They stare because of your flawless beauty!"

In a nutshell?

Some celebrities have that special "it" quality which makes them downright unapproachable.

God forbid, a fan - or admirer - should intrude on their personal space or dare gulp in the rarefied air that they breathe!

If that's the case, then I can live with it.

But frankly, I'd prefer that individuals who happen across my path simply smile or say hello.

It's a lot less scary!




No comments:

Post a Comment